Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya is ideally located in the heart of the Riviera Maya along the white sand beaches and calm, clear waters of Akumal – meaning “Place of Turtles” in Mayan. Just 20 minutes from Playa del Carmen and one hour from the Cancun International Airport, this brand new, adults-only resort offers a truly blissful UNLIMITED-LUXURY® experience amidst the exotic, natural beauty and culture of the area. Starting with 434 elegant suites, many with stunning ocean views, guests can indulge in 24-hour room service, gourmet dining and top-shelf spirits, daily activities, nightly entertainment and more. From your suite to the sea, above and below, new worlds await you at Secrets Akumal.
Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
- Enjoy free Wi-Fi and free international calling to the US, Canada and Mexico with Unlimited Connectivity. The mobile app also allows guests to view the schedules of all events, activities and restaurants at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya, plus to learn about local destinations, excursions, and much more!
- Located in the center of the Riviera Maya, just 20 minutes from famous Playa del Carmen and approximately 1 hour south of the Cancun International Airport
- Nestled along the calm waters of Akumal Beach, awarded a 2014 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice
- Award for one of the “Top 10 Beaches in Mexico”
- Three large swimming pools including an expansive infinity pool with breathtaking views of the ocean, as well as 11 smaller pools providing swim-out access from select suites
- Close to the area’s most unique sites including an authentic Mayan village and the world’s largest underground river
- All-suite resort featuring spectacular views, as well as ground floor suites with direct swim-out access to a pool from a private terrace
- Ideal location for snorkeling, scuba diving, and sport fishing – the world’s second largest barrier reef sits just 150 meters off the resort’s beach
- Akumal, “place of turtles” in Mayan, is home to one of the largest green sea turtle populations in Mexico
- Over 8,000 square feet of dedicated meeting and function space
- Nearby the centuries-old Mayan sites of Tulum and Coba